When a mother is expecting a newborn baby, a second one, or a third, one of the most crucial things to do is to let the child develop in their womb safely. And yes, it requires heavy responsibility even if the child is not yet born. Nevertheless, it is also essential for moms to stay sound and healthy to perform their roles properly. Among those necessities is keeping their teeth in shape. It is best to avoid dental issues as some may affect other parts of the body, which is alerting for the baby. But the question is, are pregnant women allowed to use teeth whitening during pregnancy? Learn more below.
What is Teeth Whitening Toothpaste?
No, it is not a twin version of your ordinary toothpaste. Although they may be the same structure, from the tube and jelly paste, teeth whitening toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide. It has ingredients purposefully included to clean your teeth by removing stains, tartar, or cavities starting to form between the teeth. Moreover, whitening toothpaste may also come as a powder, which you must dip into, much likely the same as your regular brushing.
BENEFITS OF TEETH WHITENING TOOTHPASTE
- Teeth whitening toothpaste is less abrasive than other whiteners.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste like from Mysmile has safe and non-sensitive ingredients.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste is effective in cleaning and brightening teeth.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste is convenient, perfect for expectant mothers.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF USING TEETH WHITENING WHILE PREGNANT
Pregnant mothers may or may not experience major issues after using teeth-whitening products during pregnancy. Still, mishandling the material, overuse of whiteners, and improper application can potentially create risks.
WARNINGS ABOUT THE USE OF TEETH WHITENING PASTE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
There is not enough research and evidence that using teeth whiteners during pregnancy is harmful. But there is also no confirmation that it won't bring any harm. Therefore, pregnant mothers must be cautious enough. If no upcoming celebrations are of high importance, it would be better to avoid using teeth whiteners to prevent any health issues.
ALTERNATIVES OF TEETH WHITENING TOOTHPASTE DURING PREGNANCY
- If you really desire to keep your teeth white and bright even if you are pregnant, you might as well have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Watch what you eat and drink. Limit your consumption of sugary edibles and beverages to avoid staining your teeth.
- Always brush and floss daily to maintain your teeth. By that, your mouth will remain clean and free from cavities.
- Have a regular dental cleaning. Visit a professional dentist so that they can monitor your oral health and provide you with a safer treatment.
Being a mother is exciting and challenging at the same time. And the topmost priority in nine months is the safety of both mother and baby. Therefore, moms should be extra careful. If you need more information to guide you, leave a comment below, and we will assist you immediately.