Not everyone knows the term tooth enamel, especially its role and how it can affect the overall health of your mouth. Due to this, several misconceptions lead to negligence and worse outcomes. If you still haven't experienced any issues, then you are lucky. But if your enamel is not in good shape, you need to read this blog more. Learn these seven facts about tooth enamel to recognize how to take good care of it.
7 Facts You Need to Know About Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel protects your teeth from decay.
- Tooth enamel insulates teeth from painful temperatures and chemicals.
- Tooth enamel is the most visible layer of teeth.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest part of teeth.
- Tooth enamel mainly contains minerals.
- Tooth enamel can erode over time due to various factors, including age, too-hot or cold edibles, grinding of teeth, dental plaques, etc.
- Tooth enamel cannot be replaced once it is damaged.
With all these facts, it is also crucial to know how you can preserve it. Tooth enamel needs proper care, too, because its condition plays a significant role in attaining bright pearly whites and good oral health in general. You may use Mysmile Portable Water Flosser to ensure your teeth is clean thoroughly. It uses a water jet stream to remove food debris and wash away any cavities in the hard-to-reach areas on teeth. Also, regularly seeing a professional dentist would be very helpful.
Do you have any thoughts about tooth enamel? You may share it with us by writing a comment below. Do not hesitate to keep in touch; it is our honor to hear from you!