Maintaining the teeth must start at a young age to make them healthy and strong once it is fully developed. But to achieve that, parents must also give proper teaching. And since kids are young individuals, leaving them alone to do their oral hygiene could result in incorrect execution or inconsistency. That is why adult supervision is highly needed. But the question is: Are you knowledgeable enough to teach them? Can you provide them with the exact things to do to take good care of their teeth without missing the most crucial parts? If not, then learn the step-by-step guide to being qualified to help your child achieve pearly white teeth.
8 Steps for Kids to achieve Pearly White Teeth
1. As a parent, be aware of when is the right time to start brushing your child's teeth. Here are three stages.
- According to the American Dental Association (ADA), parents can start brushing their child's teeth when it starts emerging. However, ensure that you only use a soft-bristle brush containing a small amount of paste, which is fluoride-free and has a mild flavor.
- For kids aged five to seven, as they are likely to eat sweets, parents must teach them to always drink water and brush their teeth twice daily.
- Parents must pay more attention to kids aged ten and above since they can already be stubborn enough and neglect your advice in caring for their teeth.
2. As your child grows, teach them the basics of proper brushing. You may allow them to choose their toothbrush so that they will be more encouraged to use it. Allow them to brush their teeth independently but still with your supervision.
3. Educate them about foods and drinks that are harmful and beneficial to their teeth to know what should be avoided and not at an early age.
4. Introduce them to the other oral hygiene, flossing. And same with brushing, teach them the basics of flossing and why it is crucial to oral health.
5. Remind your kids to brush and floss daily to avoid cavities and discoloration.
6. Suppose your child is already 14 years old. In that case, you may start introducing to him the beauty of using teeth whitening products, such as the Mysmile Teeth Whitening Powder or a teeth whitening paste to aid them more in achieving whiter teeth.
7. Remember to bring your child to a dentist regularly. You will be aware of his oral health condition and monitor and realize what more things you can do to help them keep their teeth white and bright.
It is not yet too late to learn these facts in helping your child achieve pearly white teeth. Also, you may share with us if you have a memorable experience in supervising your child’s dental care routine. Feel free to drop a comment below to reach us out.