What is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen Peroxide is an antiseptic thing we commonly see in the household. It is usually helpful in curing wounds. Aside from this, it is known to be present in most teeth-whitening products. However, one cannot use it without sufficient knowledge and an idea of how it works. Why? Because there are underlying consequences, such as damaging your teeth. To further understand and use it effectively, learn more facts about hydrogen peroxide by reading below.
How to use Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth
If you prefer to gargle
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with water. The amount of solution should at least be half of the cup.
- For thirty seconds, gargle it into your mouth.
- Spit the mixture after. However, if tooth sensitivity occurs during the process, kindly spit it earlier to avoid further pain or implications.
If you prefer to use it as a toothpaste
- Mix baking soda with a small portion of hydrogen peroxide.
- Continue adding the peroxide until you've come up with the desired paste.
- Dip your brush into the paste.
- Start brushing your teeth for two minutes.
- Wash the paste in your mouth with water.
Alternatives to Hydrogen Peroxide
- Use a teeth whitening that contains carbamide peroxide instead, like the Mysmile Teeth Whitening Kit with LED light. The product is designed to keep you from tooth sensitivity. Also, it is suitable for people, even with braces, veneers, bridges, and caps.
- Brush your teeth using baking soda, as it contains natural whitening properties.
- Eating healthy foods, including fruits and vegetables. Its crunchiness can remove and brush away the plaques in your teeth.
- Staying away from foods and drinks that stain the teeth, such as coffee, wine, alcohol, berries, and more.
It is not yet too late to learn more facts about hydrogen peroxide. Also, we hope you will always keep in mind the value of taking good care of your teeth. Do you have any experience using hydrogen peroxide to whiten your teeth? Let us know what it was like by leaving a comment below.