Teeth naturally lose their whiteness over time for several reasons, including the foods we consume, drinks we take, and even habits like smoking. With that, the need to maintain or recover the brightness of teeth is also increasing from time to time. Fortunately, there are many alternatives if one prefers to avoid indulging themselves in teeth whitening treatments. Among these is Calcium, a mineral known to whiten teeth effectively. If it sparks your curiosity, then continue reading below to learn more.
Amount of Calcium Needed Daily Based on WebMD
- Children 1-3 years: 700 mg
- Children 4-8 years old: 1,000 mg
- Children 9-18 years old: 1,300 mg
- Pregnant and lactating: 1,300 mg
- Adult males 19-70 years old: 1,000 mg
- Adult females 19-50 years old: 1,000 mg
- Adult males 71+ years and females 51+ years: 1,200 m
How to get more Calcium?
Indeed, some foods can stain your teeth. However, some are also good, especially those rich in Calcium. One of the easiest ways to get the mineral is to eat those foods containing the said nutrient. Here are some examples.
- Leafy Greens
- Dairy Products
- Canned Sardines
- Orange Juice
- Canned Baked beans
Another way to Get Calcium is by…
- Brushing the teeth using toothpaste with calcium carbonate. The Mysmile Teeth Whitening Powder is a good substitute for toothpaste. It can effectively remove surface stains on teeth. Additionally, this powder is convenient to use; you only have to dip your brush into it like regular toothpaste.
- Taking calcium supplements. Calcium is an essential mineral in everyone's body; it strengthens bones and helps other body parts function well. So, if one lacks the needed amount of calcium daily, he is advised to take calcium supplements. However, note that this is not for everyone, especially if one suffers from certain health conditions.
- Seeing a professional dentist every six months or so. By this, they will know the appropriate ways to keep your teeth in shape and ensure that you take enough calcium.
Now that you have learned how crucial calcium is in our body, apply all that knowledge daily. If you want assistance or more information about alternatives to whiten your teeth, you can reach us by dropping a comment below.