Periodontal disease is an oral issue resulting from severe gingivitis, an inflammation of the gums. But that's not only it, as there are more factors to consider. According to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CCD) report, 47.2% of adults aged 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. It is quite alarming, yet only some are aware of the existence of this issue. And that is the unfortunate part, which we intend to change. Here are facts to learn and become aware of what periodontal disease truly is.
Stages of Periodontal Disease
- Inflammation or known as Gingivitis
- Initial Periodontitis
- Mild Periodontitis
- Progressive Periodontitis
Common Causes of Periodontal Disease
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Formation of Bacteria and Plaques on Teeth
- Hormonal Changes
2 Simple yet Effective Way to Prevent Periodontal Disease
- Flossing is necessary for combating or preventing Periodontal diseases from existing. Use the Mysmile Deluxe Water Dental Flosser if you seek an effective and gentle way to clean your teeth. Ensure you use it daily, like when brushing, so that foods in your mouth are not yet hard enough to remove.
- Visit a dentist to perform professional cleanings. It will guarantee you a clean mouth, free from any gum diseases. By this, you are not likely to experience periodontal and may live your life daily without worrying about oral issues.
These are only basic facts about the disease. You may reach us through the comment section below to further learn and understand it. Write and leave the details we seek so that we can keep in touch and discuss your queries.