According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Oral Thrush, or Candidiasis, is an infection caused by a yeast (a fungus) called Candida. These particular fungi are present in everyone's body. However, oral thrush only happens when one's fungi grow and spread rapidly, disrupting the balance of the microbes in the body. And like other oral health concerns, oral thrush is also a result of various factors. But since many individuals are not yet familiar with this infection, this blog is an effective learning medium you can use. Keep reading to gain more facts.
Facts About Oral Thrush
- It appears as white, creamy patches on the tongue, inner cheeks, gums, or roof of the mouth.
- It appears most often to babies and toddlers, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems.
- May occur due to certain medications like corticosteroids or antibiotics - affect the natural balance of microbes in the body.
- Physical conditions like diabetes, cancer, and HIV are huge factors in the emergence of Oral thrush.
- Some of its symptoms include cracking and redness at the corners of your mouth, Loss of taste, Raised spots that look like cottage cheese, and a cottony feeling.
Poor dental hygiene can also cause oral thrush. Therefore start changing and become consistent in doing your oral care routine. Also, you can use the Mysmile Teeth Wipes or MySmile Teeth Whitening Kit to help you complete oral care routine. to keep your teeth and gums clean wherever you are. It can remove the film that builds up on teeth surfaces and also stains on your teeth from coffee, wine, tea, tobacco, and other sources. The product is more captivating and beneficial because you can use it as a finger brush - hassle-free and convenient.
What are you waiting for? Learn the best ways to combat oral thrush in case it occurs to you or someone you know. Leave a comment if you want to keep in line for further information or assistance.