What do you think diet has to do with oral health? Are the two related where you cannot just choose one to prioritize? Well, whether we like it or not, diet plays a massive role in maintaining our teeth and our mouths, in general. There are numerous foods we think are best for us, including diet soda. Not because it is labeled as a diet does not mean it is truly healthy. It contains artificial sweeteners, making it harmful to teeth. So, both are indeed related. Here are more examples to understand further.
Facts that make Saliva Essential
- Saliva moistens the mouth.
- It aids in solubilizing dry foods.
- It keeps you from having bad breath.
- It washes away food particles.
- It prevents harmful bacteria from growing and spreading.
- It protects you from gum diseases.
- It keeps your tooth enamel healthy, away from tooth decay.
- Enough amount of saliva maintains good oral health.
Now, poor dental hygiene can affect saliva production. That being said, like other oral health concerns, dental hygiene is still related and crucial. And for you to have an idea of what to do, have a look at the Mysmile Oral Care Bundle. With the use of an electric toothbrush and water flosser, you can maintain your teeth and mouth in general. Aside from effectively cleaning your mouth, it is also a worthy purchase - two-in-one dental tools.
We hope this blog gives you basic knowledge about the essence of saliva. It is not just a simple liquid in our mouth; there is more to it that we should be mindful of. If you desire to know more, reach us through the comment section below.